Flavour packed honey garlic sriracha chicken, made with the easiest, and most delicious marinade/dipping sauce!
If you love sweet and spicy, THIS Honey Garlic Sriracha Chicken recipe is for you! With options to alter the amount of spice in sauce, you can make it either milder or hotter…the choice is yours!
There’s nothing like a good chicken recipe to have in your recipe collection to whip out when you have company. This is one of those recipes. The ones where you come off looking like an amazing at-home-chef because the flavours you will be packing into this skillet are absolutely without a doubt, restaurant quality flavours.
I mean….check out the glaze on this chicken! ??????
Adapting this Easy Honey Garlic Chicken recipe for my husband who LOVES anything that blows there mouths through their nostrils, I decided to try and pull off the mother of all experiments and add Sriracha. Although I didn’t blow anything up, I managed to work out the right amount of spice we can all agree too, and one that doesn’t clear any sinuses — just enough to dance on your tongue and linger in the back of your senses. HOWEVER, if you love HOT, add more Sriracha! I’m leaving it all in your hands.
The marinade is the best part, because you are going to use most of it as a marinate AND the rest of it as a dipping sauce.
A sauce you can either pour all over the chicken when it’s done, OR heat through the skillet to warm through all of the left over pan juices.
honey garlic sriracha chicken
Flavour packed Honey Garlic Sriracha Chicken, made with the easiest, and most delicious marinade/dipping sauce! Restaurant quality chicken made right at home!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (Asian Chile sauce*)
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed (or 1 1/4 tablespoon minced garlic))
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 boneless chicken thighs (with or without skin)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and pepper (to season (If desired))
- Sliced green onions (or shallots in Australia, to serve)
- Sesame seeds (to serve)
- Lime wedges (to serve)
- In a shallow bowl, mix the honey, Sriracha, garlic, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and lime juice together until well combined. Spoon 4 tablespoons of marinade out of the bowl and reserve to use for later as a dipping sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinade chicken for a minimum of 30 minutes to 2 hours (if time allows), in the refrigerator.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a nonstick pan or cast iron skillet (or grill pan) over medium heat. Sear the chicken in two batches (I do 3 thighs per batch), on both sides along with any sauce leftover in the bowl, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle; the skin is crisp and golden browned, and the underside is charred slightly (chicken will char slightly due to the honey). Transfer chicken to a warm plate, tent with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- OPTION A: Add the reserved sauce to the hot pan to warm through on medium heat, stirring occasionally while mixing all of the pan juices through the sauce.
- OPTION B: Do not add the sauce to the pan. Serve chicken with remaining pan juices left over in the pan, and pour reserved sauce over each chicken (this option ensures a slightly spicier end result).
- Serve chicken immediately along with the sauce. Garnish with sliced green onion, sesame seeds and lime wedges. Serve with steamed veggies, over rice or noodles.
*Add more if you like it really spicy (about 4 tablespoons); or less for a milder sauce (about 1 tablespoon)