Looking for a side dish for tonights dinner? These melting potatoes are amazing! They are roasted in butter in a pan until the edges are all nice and golden brown and crispy before they are finished by roasting in a lemon and garlic chicken broth/sauce until the insides are so nice and soft that they melt in your moth! These melting potatoes are one of those game changing side dishes that once you try them, you’ll never go back!
Delicious Melting Potatoes
Calories 176, Fat 6g (Saturated 3.7, Trans 0), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 69mg, Carbs 27.3g (Fiber 4.3g, Sugars 2.1g), Protein 3.7g
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow fleshed potatoes (such as Yukon gold, peeled and sliced 1 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (lightly crushed and peeled)
- Toss the potatoes in the mixture of the butter, thyme, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a metal baking pan and bake in a preheated 500F/260C over on the top-middle rack until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes, per side.
- Flip the potatoes again, add the broth, lemon juice and garlic and roast for another 10 minutes