This chocolate bundt cake is so moist, delicious, and rich! Not only does this bundt cake taste phenomenal, but it also’s really easy to make and looks positively stunning! It will quickly become one of your go-to easy bundt cake recipes. Are you looking to add different flavor elements like cherries, coconut, or nuts? You are in luck because I am going to tell you exactly how to make these adjustments in this blog post easily. You are going to be able to create the best bundt cake ever! Plus, it’s topped with scrumptious bundt cake glaze.
Why This Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe Works:
- You only need 10 ingredients to make this easy bundt cake.
- The espresso powder in this chocolate bundt cake gives it a boost of flavor.
- With this chocolate bundt cake recipe, you can easily add in additional ingredients.
- The bundt cake glaze is impressive and takes the chocolate bundt cake to the next level!
- You can serve this bundt cake at weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, or any other event because it is elegant.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
- FIRST STEP: Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan. Set aside.
- SECOND STEP: Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powderin a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- THIRD STEP: In a large mixing bowl with a stand or a handheld mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla just until combined.
- FOURTH STEP: Stir in dry ingredients to combine. The batter will be very thick.
- FIFTH STEP: Slowly mix in hot water until combined. The batter will be very thin.
- SIXTH STEP: Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
NOTE: Depending on the shape of your bundt pan, the baking time may vary.
Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour. After cooling, invert bundt cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
SEVENTH STEP: Top the chocolate bundt cake with chocolate ganache.
- Don’t overmix cake batter because the result will be dense and chewy cake instead of light and fluffy.
- I recommend always using quality ingredients whenever baking because you will have better results.
- Try not to overbake the best bundt cake because it will come out dry.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE ESPRESSO WHEN MAKING THIS CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE?
Yes, if you don’t have espresso powder on hand, you can use a dark roast instant coffee instead. You can also use regular coffee that is ground very fine too. You just may not need as much.
CAN YOU BAKE A BUNDT CAKE IN A REGULAR PAN?
If you don’t have a bundt pan on hand, don’t fret! There are a couple of solutions that you can try. You can simply make any of your favorite easy bundt cake recipes in loaf pans. The baking time may need to be adjusted, but you will still have a vibrant and fluffy cake.
Another idea is that if you have a deep round cake pan, you can place something in the center like a ramekin or something round to make a hole in the center.
CAN I MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE INTO MINI BUNDT CAKES?
Yes, absolutely you can make this chocolate bundt cake into mini bundt cakes. Perfect single serving cakes are wonderful for weddings or other get-togethers. Simply pour the mix into mini bundt pans and bake. They will only take 12-15 minutes to cook.
HOW TO ADD ADDITIONAL FLAVORS TO THIS CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
- Add 3/4 cup (170g) cherries to the batter for some extra flavor.
- Add 1 cup (100g) of coconut flakes to the bundt cake batter or sprinkle on top. Toast the coconut if using it as a topping by heating it in a skillet (without oil) and continuously stir until edges are golden brown.
- Mix in 1/2 cup (63g) nuts. Use any that you like.
- Add 1 cup (175g) of favorite chocolate chips. White, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate are all amazing!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU OVERMIX CAKE BATTER?
The overmixing of cake batter is a common problem, and the result is a very dense and dry cake. The reason why it matters is that when you mix the bundt cake batter, you incorporate air into it.
When that happens as it bakes the bubbles will pop and flatten the cake. For best results only mix the batter until it’s just barely combined.
WHY IS MY CAKE TOUGH?
A tough cake is another result of overmixing and overbaking. Just mix until it’s barely combined, and you will be fine.
WHAT HAPPENS IF CAKE BATTER IS TOO THIN?
If the cake batter is too thin, you can add in some dry ingredients, but choosing the right portions is very difficult. I recommend baking the bundt cake as directed because odds are it will turn out great.
HOW LONG DOES CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE LAST AND HOW TO STORE IT?
Most easy bundt cake recipes will last an average of 3-4 days. You can refrigerate it or leave it on the counter depending on your preference. I love serving it after it’s refrigerated because the texture and coolness are out of this world amazing!
CAN BUNDT CAKES BE FROZEN?
Yes, you can freeze this cholate bundt cake. I recommend if you are freezing to leave off the bundt cake glaze if possible. Then just add the chocolate ganache when you are ready to serve.
To freeze this easy bundt cake, you will need to tightly wrap it in plastic wrap to keep it protected then place it in an airtight container. It will last 4-6 months in the freezer.