This. Is. THE. Chocolate. Cake.
Yep. The only one you need.
The king daddy of all king daddies.
Ok, you get the point right?
Move over cafeteria lady and Principal Trenchpult! This cake is taking center stage, minus the sweat she added to her’s. (Remember that chocolate cake on Matilda? Please tell me you’ve seen that adorable movie)
Anyway, goodness yall, I do apologize for taking so long to get this chocolate cake to you. I usually only make it for special occasions (usually last minute), but this week my husband requested it out of the blue.
Perfect timing because I’ve been getting so many requests for a chocolate cake. It was about time I gave this chocolate poke cake and devils food cake some company.
WHAT MAKES THIS CHOCOLATE CAKE EPIC
1. The Buttermilk: Chocolate cake NEEDS buttermilk. It’s a match made in heaven and creates a very subtle tang that compliments the chocolate like a boss!
2. The Coffee: Coffee really bumps up the flavor of chocolate. You won’t be able to taste it in the cake, and it helps create a moister texture as well.
3. Oil: As much as I love butter, chocolate cake is best with oil. It keeps it moist and light.
4. Brown Sugar: Brown sugar belongs in chocolate cake. Not only does it add to the moisture but it works well for flavor.
5. Dark cocoa powder: Using dark unsweetened cocoa powder creates that dark and lovely color
This chocolate cake is everything a chocolate cake needs to be. Moist, dark, fluffy, and oh so chocolatey! It’s incredible the first day but seems to get even better (and darker) the next day.
It’s full of everything good, holy and fattening! I hope you aren’t dieting this time of year. I mean….that sounds like cruel and unusual punishment anyway with all these yummy holidays back to back!
There’s Thanksgiving and all that comfort food, Christmas with all those decadent treats and then New Years is right around the corner with those tantalizing cocktails. Mercy!
More power to ya if you’re on a diet sister! But I’ll leave this photo riiiiiiight here.
Not trying to bribe you to cheat on your diet or anything just saying. Look at it!! Just look at it!!
The chocolate buttercream frosting is EVERYTHING on this cake! It’s full of dark cocoa powder, butter, sugar, and heavy whipping cream. Yeah, you already know what time it is right?
Pass the milk!