This easy recipe for baked garlic parmesan potato wedges will blow you away with its simplicity and fantastic flavor! These make a great side dish or appetizer for parties!
Fries are my weakness. Many a time my sky-high metabolism younger self and brother made midnight french fry runs to the local Wendy’s/Carls Junior/Mickey-Ds/whoever is open at that unsightly hour. I’ve tried to get a handle on my addiction in my adult years by ordering fries on the side only here and there when eating out, instead of going with the fries-with-everything motto I endorsed for 20 years.
When my siblings and I went to iHop for breakfast, I ordered chicken strips and fries. Pancakes are great but they just can’t win out over deep fried potatoes and ketchup.
These days, like I said, I try to order fries less frequently – for obvious health reasons. Often times I’ll just share with the husband, he doesn’t mind giving up a few. Or 60%. He’s awesome like that.
And when I’m craving some variety of fry while at home in my sweats, I usually make my own instead of heading out for a to-go order.
“A medium fry, please”.
“Yes, that will be all”.
This latest semi french fry is sort of blowing my mind. So crispy and loaded with yummy garlic and Italian flavors. I could never turn down garlic and cheese. On french fries nonetheless!
I dipped these beauties in blue cheese dressing with freshly chopped parsley. Oh my heaven. Wendy’s natural cut fries have nothing on these baked garlic parmesan potato wedges. And like I said, I’m a sucker for those. So when I say these are worth making, I really mean – GO MAKE THESE!
DELICIOUSLY BAKED GARLIC AND PARMESAN POTATO WEDGES
Delicious oven roasted potato wedges seasoned with parmesan and flavored with garlic. A Fries Delight!
- • 3-4 large russet potatoes (sliced into wedges)
- • 4 tablespoons olive oil
- • 2 teaspoons salt
- • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- • 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- • ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- • optional: fresh parsley (or cilantro, ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- 2. Place potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- 3. In a small bowl whisk together salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- 4.Sprinkle potato wedges with the shredded cheese, tossing to coat, then sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- 5. Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet in a single layer with skin-sides-down.
- 6. Bake for 25-35 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender and golden.
- 7. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and dressing for dipping.